Fungal pathology of the foot is a pathology manifested by the active reproduction of certain types of fungi in the epidermis. Usually, this disease occurs with onychomycosis (a type of nail plate fungus). Previously, it was thought that this disease was susceptible to elderly people with weakened immune systems. However, statistics show that fungal infection has nothing to do with age and it is diagnosed in young children and middle-aged people. We will find out what causes the pathology and how to treat foot fungus at home.
Causes and signs of illness
The infection of fungal disease occurs quickly and easily, and the immune system is weakened due to improper diet and poor environmental conditions, and cannot fight the infection. Practice has shown that primary infections also occur in public places-saunas, swimming pools, bathrooms and homes.
For your reference, if one of the family members has fungus on the hands and feet, then the probability of other family members being infected is close to 95%. For infections, the smallest particles of the skin affected by the parasite are enough to allow the pathogen to be fixed on the skin of a healthy person.
The penetration of fungi into healthy human skin does not always lead to the active reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms, because this process depends on the state of the immune system. The immunity is good, and it will definitely not be activated.
The predisposing factors of the disease:
- In the case of lower limb injuries, injuries, or leg splits, the fungal flora will actively multiply;
- Chronic diseases. These include diabetes, varicose veins, vascular disease in the legs, increased sweating due to any cause, vitamin deficiency, and obesity at any stage;
- HIV infection, long-term use of glucocorticoids;
- Wear low-quality shoes for a long time, and often wet feet in the shoes.
- If the leg skin has ulcers, erosions, cracks, etc.
The symptoms of mycosis are manifested by small scales, with different types of peeling-lamellar or fine lines. In medical practice, there are many types of fungi, but the clinical manifestations are generally similar.
Signs of fungal infection:
- In the early stages, there are no obvious symptoms. First of all, the failure of detecting fingers, the most common is that the space between the third and fourth fingers is affected.
- As the pathology progresses, the fungus will cover the outside of the foot and spread to the ankle and other skin areas.
- The skin changes-it thickens, cracks, and loses its natural luster.
- Excessive dry skin is accompanied by other symptoms-itching, burning, tightness, congestion, inflammation of the affected area.
- The patient complained of pain and burning during exercise.
If such symptoms occur and treatment is not started, the condition will worsen over time. In patients, small blisters appear in the affected area, and the blisters rupture, leaving tears and erosions.
Home treatment includes the use of antifungal drugs, prescribed by the attending doctor based on laboratory results. Treating foot fungus with folk remedies is an auxiliary method that allows you to speed up the healing process.
Baking soda is a folk remedy for treating foot fungus. The powder has many therapeutic effects. It is used in the form of dressings, lotions, and pastes. According to this component, prepare a foot bath.
For your reference, sodium bicarbonate helps maintain the acid-base balance in the body and helps create an unfavorable environment for pathogenic microorganisms, which can lead to their death.
Using baking soda to treat foot fungus has the following effects:
- Disinfect the affected area;
- Soften the skin and nails, so that the drug can penetrate to the required depth;
- Dry the problem area to prevent the spread of the infection process;
- Reduce the acidity level, which can have a negative impact on fungal microorganisms.
There are many recipes for eliminating fungi. Because of its effectiveness, foot baths are very popular. Add 50 grams of soda water to 2000 milliliters of hot water. Stir until the powder is completely dissolved. Soak your feet in the liquid for 15 minutes. Then dry it thoroughly with a paper towel and sprinkle with baby powder or potato starch.
To cure the fungus on the feet, paste will help. Grind 10 grams of mint into a gruel. Add some baking soda. Apply the paste to the affected area and let it dry completely. Carefully remove excess. The problem area cannot be wetted for a few hours.
Tea tree oil
Essential oils used to treat fungi at home have many uses-apply concentrated solutions to painful areas, or if you need a foot bath. When using the first option, it is recommended to ensure that there is no allergic reaction.
Perform an allergy test before use. Put a drop of essential oil on the bend of the elbow and do not get wet within 2 hours. If symptoms such as burning, itching, and congestion occur, it is recommended to pay attention to other methods and methods for treating tinea pedis.
- Use a cotton pad to apply the oil to the inflamed area. The procedure is carried out before going to bed. If you feel tingling, you can dilute the essential oil with an equal proportion of olive products.
- The foot bath method is as follows: 20 drops of tea tree oil per liter. Add to hot liquid. Put your feet in the water for 10-15 minutes. Do not rub the legs after the operation. Do it at night. Put on your socks.
Please note that if the fungal disease is mild, the effectiveness of tea tree oil is high. When the infection has penetrated deep into the skin, there may not be a positive result.
When asked how to treat fungus, adherents of non-traditional therapies recommend using laundry soap. To get rid of the parasites, you need to wipe the problem area with soap until the foam is completely dry. Then wash the limbs with running water, dry them, and apply anti-fungal ointment.
Bathing with soap and baking soda can help remove foot fungus. Rub the bar soap on the grinder and add to the hot water. Put 40-50 grams of sodium bicarbonate into the container and mix until the components are completely dissolved. Let go of your legs for 20 minutes. This procedure is repeated every other day.
It is worth knowing:Laundry soap can be used to disinfect socks, underwear and personal items to prevent secondary pollution.
The vinegar solution helps create unfavorable conditions for the life activities of pathogenic microorganisms, leading to their subsequent death. The ways to treat foot fungus at home are as follows:
- Mix the vinegar and iodine in equal proportions. Apply the mixture to the cleaned feet. Repeat twice a day. If there are cracks in the feet, this therapy is not suitable;
- Soak your feet in apple juice before going to bed. Do not wipe, let the limbs dry naturally. Wear clean socks. In the morning, water treatment is performed. The session will be repeated within a week before going to bed.
It is not recommended to make vinegar-based dressings and leave them for a long time. Such surgery can cause skin burns, so there will be pain, and the clinical situation will worsen.
White Willow Ash
If the fungus is on the feet, it can be treated with white willow ash. Add one tablespoon of ingredients to 1000 milliliters of water. rub. Dip a cotton pad in the solution to properly treat the inflamed area. When the skin is dry, apply hydrogen peroxide or bright green. Patient comments indicate that home remedies are effective, but very slow. The process of treating foot fungus at home can take up to six months.
How to treat foot fungus? To cure fungal diseases and prevent their recurrence, makhorka helps. The treatment is simple and does not cause any difficulties. You need to add one tablespoon of tobacco to one liter of hot water. Simmer on the fire for 2 minutes. Let the broth cool to an acceptable temperature. Soak your feet in the solution for 10-20 minutes. You can't wipe it off. Once the limbs are dry, put on socks. The procedure is carried out before going to bed. The course of treatment is one month.
Celandine is used in many ways. For the treatment of foot fungus at home, fresh plants are usually used. Rinse the newly picked plants under running water and dry them. Grind with a blender. Squeeze the juice. Mix it with alcohol in equal proportions. Apply to the previously cleaned skin twice a day.
notes:Celandine is a poisonous plant and it is not recommended to bring it in. When preparing medicines, disposable gloves must be worn.
You can treat fungus on your feet with sour cream at home. Patient comments claim that you can get rid of the fungal infection within a week. 7 days before going to bed, use fresh sour cream to treat pain points. Wash off the components in the morning. The effectiveness of this remedy is controversial. Sour cream can moisturize the skin very well, but it has no anti-fungal effect. Therefore, the decision to use this folk remedy is individually determined.
Salicylic acid ointment
The agent has slight antibacterial activity and inhibits the secretion of sebaceous glands. Does not directly affect fungi, but is often recommended for alternative medicine. So how to remove foot fungus with salicylic acid ointment?
- Steam your legs with soda water;
- Cleans the stratum corneum of the feet;
- Wipe off the skin;
- Apply a small layer of product to the affected area.
The treatment operation is performed twice a day. It is recommended to use the drug in the morning and evening. The duration of treatment ranges from 2 weeks to 3 months.
Prevent foot fungus
The fungus on the legs does not cause significant discomfort, but it can significantly damage the appearance of the limbs. Prevention is usually divided into preventive measures and emergency measures. When the patient suspects that he may have been infected, the latter option is used. For example, walking barefoot in a swimming pool.
To prevent fungus infection, it is recommended to wash and dry your feet thoroughly after going to the swimming pool and sauna; choose high-quality shoes and socks made of natural fabrics; keep your feet dry at all times and do not walk in wet shoes. When trying shoes in a store, please use socks or socks.
In addition to antifungal drugs, it is only used to treat fungal infections at home. As a monotherapy, folk methods are not used because there is a risk of failure due to human physiological characteristics.